Blink sync module 2 not connecting to WiFi. The Blink Sync module is a coordinator which controls the Blink security camera to store and record the moments.
Sync module 2 allows you to monitor and regulate the Blink system settings on your mobile phones. It needs a good and stable internet connection to function accurately.
When the Blink sync module goes offline, the Blink camera won’t work and fails to transmit the data that you want to record. It is an incredibly common issue.
You don’t need to search any further that why your Blink sync module 2 is not connecting to the WiFi; just join my helpful guide to understand the easy solution tips for fixing the Sync module offline issue.
Blink sync module 2 not connecting to WiFi
The blink sync module needs a power supply and a good enough internet connection to work properly. It uses a USB port that helps you to store video clips of 256 GB.
When the Blink sync module 2 not connects to the internet, it causes the Blink smart camera to become offline.
So, if the Sync module fails to connect to the WiFi, the Blink camera won’t function, and your home security setup will come at risk.
The Sync module connectivity problems occur due to poor internet connection, faulty power supply, incorrect WiFi password, outdated firmware, hardware defects, overloaded WiFi network, incorrect WiFi network settings, and the inappropriate frequency of the network.
Let’s start to discuss the causes of why your Blink sync module 2 disconnects the internet and how you can fix this common problem.
1. Poor Internet Connection
The most common reason that causes your Sync module 2 to go offline is a weak and poor internet connection. Any problem that occurs in your router and cellular data network will disconnect the sync module.
Moreover, if you enter an incorrect WiFi password during the setup process, Sync Module 2 cannot connect to the WiFi network. Internet problems will not enable your Blink camera to work and record the footage.
How to Fix Network Problems?
The Blink sync module 2 performs the controlling function with a stable and reliable internet connection. It is necessary to ensure a good internet speed for the sync module’s accurate working.
Below are the instructions to connect the sync module to the WiFi network:
- First, install the Blink app from the Google Play Store.
- Then locate it on the home screen.
- Search the settings and select it.
- Tap the sync module option in the middle of your screen.
- Find the “connection” option and select the network.
- Lastly, enter the “WiFi password” and confirm it after checking.
Note: I will suggest you do not use cellular data for better functioning of the Blink sync module.
2. Faulty Power Supply
Sometimes, Blink sync module 2 may not be able to connect to the internet because of the power outage and faulty power supply.
When the sync module does not get enough power and losses power from the power socket, it will not be able to reconnect the internet automatically when the power is regained. Power issues occurred due to a damaged cable and tripped circuit breaker.
How to Check the Power Supply Errors in Sync Module?
By noticing the lights in the Blink module, you can detect that your sync module 2 goes offline because of power supply errors. Usually, Sync module 2 illuminates solid green and blue light when it gets a proper power supply.
How to Power Cycle the Module?
You can easily power cycle the Blink sync module 2 by following my steps, and it solves the 50% internet.
- Firstly, unplug the power cable at the backside of the Blink sync module.
- Wait for 20 seconds.
- Plug the power cord again and reconnect it.
- The sync module will demonstrate solid green and blue light by reconnecting the internet.
3. Wrong WiFi Settings
Incorrect network and wrong WiFi settings fail to connect to the Internet in the Blink sync module. The network settings can become wrong due to incorrect DNS settings.
Moreover, when sync module 2 can’t get a proper IPN address, it will be unable to become online.
You should make sure that the WiFi settings and internet settings in the Blink sync module are correct. Also, check the router settings to ensure a stable internet connection.
4. Outdated Firmware
Another major reason that causes the Blink sync module 2 to get offline is the outdated firmware. If you don’t update the latest firmware, your sync module will not connect to the internet connection properly and, resultantly, will be unable to control the Blink cameras.
How to Fix?
- Start with opening the Blink app on your mobile phone.
- Select the “Settings” options on the bottom right side.
- Find and click the” Blink sync module” option.
- Select the firmware from the icon.
- Check if the firmware update is available, tap it, and follow the instructions accurately.
5. Incorrect Frequency
Blink sync module connection problems may also occur due to the network frequency. The Sync module needs a low frequency of 2.4 GHz to regulate its function.
While the router usually supports 5.0GHz frequency. When you connect it to the router, then the Blink sync module will not connect to this frequency band.
Best Possible Solution:
Make sure to set the frequency of the router that supports 2.5 GHz to attain a stable internet connection.
Note: I recommend you don’t delete your 5.0 GHz network setup; just add another frequency band of 2.4 GHz to connect the sync module perfectly.
6. Overloaded WiFi Network
Another reason that the blink sync module 2 goes offline is that your WiFi network becomes overloaded. If too many users use your WiFi connection network, it will make your network slow.
Disconnect the devices to enhance the speed and stability of the internet. Connecting the devices to the internet on a limited basis will improve the sync module connectivity.
How to Factory Reset the Blink Sync Module 2?
- Following are the easy steps for resetting the Blink sync module 2, which will help you to solve your internet connection problems.
- First, search for the reset button on the side of the Blink sync module.
- Tap and hold the factory reset button by using a paperclip until the sync module shows red light.
- Wait for a few minutes to restart the sync module.
- Then, “sign in” your device on the Blink app.
- Select the red button on the Blink app that indicates “Delete Sync Module“.
- Then, enter your sync module’s serial number, then delete.
- Return to the home screen and press the “+” icon in the upper right corner.
- Select and tap the “Blink wireless camera system.”
- Again scan or enter your Blink sync module’s serial number.
- Select your Blink system, then press “Discover Device.”
- Tap “Join” and then connect your network correctly.
The Bottom Line
I hope you found my article useful and helpful. So, there is no need to worry when you notice that your blink sync module 2 is not connecting to the WiFi. Using my guide, you can fix the sync module connection errors within minutes. If you have tried all the methods and nothing works for your sync module, then you should contact the Blink support team.