Oculus quest 2 not turning on. Although Oculus Quest 2 devices are reliable, you may sometimes come across an issue wherein the device fails to turn on despite everything looking in place. Fortunately, this issue can be easily fixed if you know what you are doing.
Well, we have come to the rescue. Go through this detailed article to get answers to your every query!
Oculus quest 2 not turning on
If your oculus quest 2 isn’t turning on, don’t worry. Here are some causes and solutions:
1. Perform a Hard Reboot
Performing a hard reboot on the Oculus Quest 2 could be one of the most effective solutions when it comes to dealing with the issue of your device not turning on and the home-screen issue even!
In some cases, a forced shutdown may cause your device to remain in an unexpected state instead of powering back up again.
To avoid such scenarios from occurring in the future, it is recommended that you perform this step every time you want to turn off your device properly.
How to Perform a Hard Reboot?
- To perform a hard reboot, press and hold down the Power button for at least 30 seconds but preferably even more (up to 60 seconds).
- After doing so, wait until the LED light turns white – when it does, let go of the power button as this will signify that you have successfully performed a hard reboot.
- Doing this should help reset any temporary configurations and allow your Quest 2 to turn back on properly.
For Your Information
Note that while performing a hard reboot might seem like it would lead to resetting all settings, this is not actually true – any factory reset or other data stored locally will remain unchanged upon rebooting.
When attempting to power cycle devices such as your Oculus Quest 2 headset, make sure that no cables are connected other than the charger itself.
This will ensure that there isn’t any interference with the internal components of your device when restarting it which can help reduce problems related to powering on or usage overall.
2. Charge Your Headset
Since charge is required to help in bootup, If your Oculus Quest 2 is not turning on, it may be due to insufficient charge.
When connected to a power source, it should take several hours for the battery to achieve full capacity.
To ensure that the headset has adequate power, leave it plugged in for an extended period before switching it on again.
Do Not Forget the Following!!
- When charging, be sure to keep an eye out for the charging light indicator–this will indicate whether your device is receiving power. If you see no indicator despite plugging in correctly, then try using an alternate charging cable as your current one may have malfunctioned.
- Before plugging in another cable, however, check if any parts are loose or damaged that could prevent electrical flow from reaching your device, such as frayed cords or broken connectors on either end of the cord and on the headset itself. Additionally, confirm that the AC adapter has a sufficient wattage rating (5V/2A) before attempting to charge again with a new cable; this can further impact charging time and effectiveness.
- In some cases, you may find that you’re having difficulty connecting additional devices such as controllers while also trying to charge; this is because both use up power resources at once and can lead to slower connection speeds when used together. So, switch off other peripheral devices when possible until after your Oculus Quest 2 is fully charged.
3. Special Boot Menu for Booting Up
When your Oculus Quest 2 isn’t turning on or responding to the normal boot-up process, you can try using a special boot menu that allows you to troubleshoot the device and potentially get it up and running again.
How to Get into This Special Boot Menu?
- To access this boot menu, hold down both the Power button and Volume Down keys at the same time for over 20 seconds. This should bring up a list of options in the headset’s display.
- Use the volume keys to navigate to “Exit and Boot Device”, then press the Power button to confirm this action.
- If successful, your Oculus Quest 2 will then start up normally.
4. Factory Reset
The last resort is to perform a factory reset by using either your phone or the headset’s boot menu option.
This method of resetting the device often helps resolve any issues due to incorrect settings, corrupted files, and other issues that might be preventing it from turning on properly.
1. Using Your Phone
To perform a factory reset with your phone, open the Oculus app then connect it to your headset via Bluetooth.
Once connected, tap on Settings followed by Device then Reset (Factory Data Reset). Follow any additional prompts that appear afterward; this should perform a factory reset of your Oculus Quest 2 headset.
2. Using the Boot Menu
If you don’t have access to an Android/iOS device with which you can use the Oculus app, then do not fret as there is another way; manually doing so from its boot menu option.
To do this:
- Press and hold both Power and Volume Down buttons simultaneously until you see a white LED blinking near where the USB-C port is located; this indicates that you have entered recovery mode (aka boot menu).
- Using volume keys navigate through options until ‘Factory Reset’ appears; press the power button once again to confirm selection then follow any additional prompts as needed.
- It may take several minutes for warning messages and confirmation dialogs before proceeding onwards with the completion of these tasks successfully.
Oculus Quest 2 is one of the best devices that give an immersive user experience and take you into the world of virtual reality. However, not turning on is a common issue among its owners. That’s why our article will serve as a step-by-step guide to turning Oculus Quest 2 on!